Please read this policy carefully.
What information we collect
We collect information you provide to us, which includes data you give when you apply for funding. It can include:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Details of funding your organisation may have received
- Details of projects which may be ongoing and may be confidential
If you choose not to disclose requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
If your application is successful, or if you work with us in another capacity, then we may collect additional information about you. This information is retained to protect us (including in the event of a legal claim) and for safeguarding purposes. We take extra care to ensure sensitive personal data is protected.
We sometimes receive personal data about individuals during the course of an application.
You do not need to disclose any personal information to simply browse our site.
How your information is used
We process information for legitimate purposes, which include the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications to supporters to benefit our charitable objectives.
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide communications to you which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of our campaigns, advertising and other promotions.
We also use data for administrative purposes including:
- the processing of applications for funding
- the processing of other enquiries
- to respect your choices and preferences (eg if you ask not to receive marketing material, we will keep a record of this to ensure we respect your choice).
In some cases we may also process data to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- comply with a legal duty
We may carry out research and analysis on our applicants’ data to help us better understand them, improve the relevance and effectiveness of our marketing, and provide a better service to applicants. This may include using demographic or other information to identify common characteristics, interests and preferences.
We may also occasionally use publicly available information about applicants, such as media reports or information on Companies House about business interests, to inform our communication. However, wherever we can, we will ask you for this information directly.
We may aggregate and anonymise personal data provided in the course of an application for funding before we analyse it so that it can no longer be linked to an identifiable person.
Marketing information by email
When providing us with email information via our website, you will be given the option to opt-in to receive occasional marketing communications from us. You can object or unsubscribe to receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not make marketing calls.
You may receive other types of telephone calls from us which are administrative or in response to a request from you for information regarding your application or another enquiry.
Who do we share information with?
We will never sell or rent your personal or organisational information. We will only disclose information when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations and the following. From time to time, we may use information you have provided to verify the details of your application with relevant third parties.
Information provided in an application is considered by our Foundation Manager and trustees of our board. Information may subsequently be shared as part of standardised reporting with trustees of the WBG/EEB Charitable Endowment Trust, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and other regulators as required by law.
If you application is successful and you are awarded funding, we may share relevant information with the public. This is a condition of your award.
Storing your information
We are based in the UK and we store our data within the European Union or with providers which have been confirmed as complying with data protection legal standards.
We aim to keep the information we hold about you accurate and up to date. You can check this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Any personal information you supply to us in the course of an application will not be retained for longer than necessary. If you ask us to stop sending you marketing emails we will stop storing your email for that purpose but we will keep a record of your preference on a ‘do not contact’ list as required by the Privacy of e-Communications Regulation.
We regularly review what information we hold and delete any that is no longer required.
Your right to control your data
You have legal rights for the control of your data, which includes:
- the right for confirmation as to whether or not we hold your personal data
- the right to obtain a copy of the information we hold (called a Subject Access Request, see section 9 below).
- the right to have inaccurate data corrected
- the right to have your data erased, except where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason.
- the right to object to our processing of your data for marketing or profiling
- the right to receive your data in a common electronic format where we hold it either on the basis of your consent or for the performance of a contract.
Access to your own information
You can contact us at any time to access, change or update the details we hold on you. You can obtain a copy of your record, known as a Subject Access Request free of charge. However, we may charge a fee if a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
We will of course ask you to confirm your identity. If you would like to access the personal data held by us, please apply in writing to:
THE FOUNDATION MANAGER
THE GORDON AND ENA BAXTER FOUNDATION
BAXTERS FOOD GROUP
We must provide you the information without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.
We may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
When purchasing goods or services from any of the companies to which this site links, you are forming a contract with the company(s) concerned, not with us.
Using our social media pages
While this policy covers our privacy practices and how we will use any information collected from our website and social media pages, it doesn’t cover how providers of social media websites will use your information.
Please refer to the social media site’s privacy policies before adding any content to our social media pages. Make use of the social media site privacy settings and reporting mechanisms to control the way that your information is handled.
Whilst we do our best to try and protect the security of your information, we can’t ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information won’t occur whilst you are transferring information across the internet.
- Remember the contents of your basket
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/ security of our site
- Allow you to share pages with social networking sites
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your personal data, you can complain by email, FAO The Foundation Manager, email@example.com.
If you are not happy with our response or consider that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
Any changes or updates to this policy will be placed on this webpage. Your continued use of our website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
By using our site of social media pages, you consent to our collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. If you don’t agree to this policy, please don’t use our site or social media pages.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.